Mulled Apple & Mead CupWarm autumn flavours and enticing aromas - honeyed with the mead mulling with apple juice and spices
- 400ml of Atlantic Dry Mead
- 125ml apple juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- slices of fresh ginger root
- 1-2 tsp of honey to taste
Garnish: Slice of apple with a clove stud
- Warm gently in a pan and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a heat proof glass
- Garnish with a slice of apple with a clove stud
Serve hot to warm up after a chill winter’s walk or post shopping expedition.
Tip: You can substitute the spices with a spiced tea such as chai. Just don’t leave it steep too long!
You can substitute the Atlantic Dry Mead with Atlantic Dry Mead – White Port Barrel Aged or try Sauternes.
Kate Dempsey from Kinsale Mead Co.