Meadery Tours & Tastings
In light of the Covid-19 virus, we have taken the decision to close for tours and tastings for the immediate future. The safety of our customers and staff is of utmost importance to us.
We continue to monitor the situation, HSE guidelines and follow government advice. We look forward to welcoming visitors back again soon.
If you would like to support us and many other small businesses, please consider buying tour gift vouchers to use at a later date.
Many thanks and look after each other.
Spend an hour on an entertaining, fun experience on our tour learning all about Mead in our Meadery on the Wild Atlantic Way.
Highlights of a tour at Kinsale Mead Co. include:
- Insights into Kinsale Meads | light and refreshing | fermented off dry (12% ABV wine strength)
- Myths & Legends | the story and evolution of Mead through the centuries
- Bee Judgments | how Ireland’s Bee Laws protected the bees | taste three unique raw honeys
- Process | modern mead making from fermentation, through to maturation and bottling
- Tasting | sample award-winning meads and a seasonal cocktail in the Meadery’s oak bar tasting room
- Family Run | Kate and Denis Dempsey love to share their passion and knowledge!
Opening Hours: Nov-Mar (Fri-Sun 1, 3pm),
Apr-Jul, Sep, Oct (Daily Tue-Sun 1, 3, 5pm)
August Daily (Tue-Sun 1, 2, 3, 4, 5pm)
Price: €12 per person.
You can prebook online below or call us on +353 (0)21 477 3538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Group Tours Available: Bespoke/Personal tours, corporate groups, family gatherings, wedding parties, etc available. Contact us for details.
Walking: We are 600m from the Kinsale Tourist Office.
Don't rely on Google Maps as it can lead you astray!
Exiting the Tourist office right, take a right and right again walking up Eastern Road (R600) in the Cork direction. Turn left up Featherbed Lane and then first right and in 50m, walk up the steps/ramp. Lidl is in front of you. The Meadery is up another small ramp past the Post office at the end of that row.
Take the turn on R600 at Barrack Lane at the Garage/Dempsey’s Hostel and follow the road around through the small roundabout and drive past Lidl through the gates to where there is parking. The Meadery is up the short ramp on the right, just past the Post Office at the end of that row.