Explore the Making and Tasting Of Mead - The Drink of Celtic Ireland's Kings and Chieftains
of Ireland's first Meadery in 200 years.
Tours re-starting from Tue 6th Jul 2021,
Tue-Sun at 1, 3, 5pm
We are COVID19 Safety charter approved and follow all the latest Government advice. Book Now
Spend an hour on an entertaining, fun experience at Ireland’s first Meadery in 200 years, learning all about Mead
Highlights of a tour include:
- Learn about our Meads: Light and refreshing; fermented off dry (12% ABV wine strength)
- Myths & Legends: the story and tales of Mead through the ages
- Bechbretha or Bee Laws – How Ireland protected the bees;
- Honey: Taste three unique raw honeys, sticky business !
- Process: Follow the meadmakers from fermentation through to maturation and bottling.
- Tasting: sample our award-winning meads and a seasonal cocktail in the Meadery’s oak bar tasting room
- We love to share our passion and knowledge of all things mead and honey.
Times & Pricing
Opening Hours (subject to Gov guidelines):
06 Jul – 31 Oct 21 (Tue-Sun 1, 3, 5pm)
Price: €14 per person.
Please pre-book below or call +353 (0)21 477 3538 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
This was such a great experience! Really interesting tour, loads of great stories of the history of mead. And the tasting afterwards was fab!
We were a small hen party and everyone loves the tourSorcha, Ireland
What a Lovely Find
We drove to Kinsale with no plans and popped in on the off chance of getting a tour. They couldn’t have been more welcoming. We had a very informative tour and tasting. Clearly very knowledgeable and passionate about what they do. The product speaks for itself and is lovely.
Great gifts and a fun afternoonAshleigh, UK
Mead my day.
A lovely way to spend an hour. The whole process is fascinating and well explained. They kindly took us for the tour outside the normal tour times. The tasting was really good, beautiful flavours.
I guarantee you’ll want to bring a few bottles home.Paul, USA
The honey tasting was amazing, and the mead just as good. The facility looks so crisp and clean and the staff were such lovely people. The tour was interesting and informative, and it was lovely to visit the meadery.
Highly recommend.Stjordal, Norway
Excellent Tour to match an excellent product.
We really enjoyed this interesting and fun tour of this gorgeous company. Our tour guide was really lovely and passionate about the product from start to finish.
The tasting section was excellent and we got to try 4 different types of mead, all very different from each other.Stephanie, Ireland