We had a brilliant time at Sheridan’s festival and among all of the food and drink producers, we also met some fantastic cheesemakers. Here are some suggested cheese pairings to try at home…
- Atlantic Dry Mead with a Comté cheese (Fr) or some St Tola goat’s cheese (Co. Clare.)
- Wild Red Mead with Hegarty’s cheddar (North Cork).
- Hazy Summer Mead with Young Buck, a blue cheese from Co. Down or Cashel Blue.
- Atlantic Dry Mead – Sauternes Barrel Aged with a Smoked Gubbeen cheese (West Cork) or Crozier Blue (Tipperary)
- Atlantic Dry Mead – White Port Barrel Aged with a Templegall from Hegartys (Cork) or Gruyere (Sw).
- Wild Red Mead – Merlot Barrel Aged with Gubbeen or Dubliner cheddar (both West Cork!)
Some more thoughts from American writer Chrissie Manion Zaerpoor https://katu.com/amnw/am-northwest-lifestyle-health/a-holiday-cheese-platter-to-pair-with-mead who literally wrote the book on mead food pairing!