This delicious, simple recipe is the perfect, easy-to-make dessert. You can substitute apricots for nectarines, peaches or pears. Last week we made it with plums. Yums!
• 12 apricots
• 200ml Kinsale Atlantic Dry Mead
• 2 tablespoons of honey to taste
• 4 cardamom pods, slit down the side
1. Pour the Atlantic Dry Mead in a large saucepan with the honey.
2. Heat gently and stir until the honey has dissolved.
3. Peel and cut the apricots in half and remove the stone.
4. Put with the cardamom into the pan, cover and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes until tender.
5. Remove the apricots with a slotted spoon and place in a serving dish.
6. Remove the cardamom and boil the remaining liquid until reduced and slightly syrupy.
7. Serve with creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.
Created by cook and food writer Marjorie Morrow-Nolan and shared with Katia at Proper FoodsShop Now