Check out our special offers*
Atlantic Dry Mead and Lemon Syllabub
This is a 16th century recipe, a mix of dairy and alcohol, usually with a dry white wine but it's heavenly with Atlantic Dry Mead. Not just for Tudors!
- 200ml Atlantic Dry Mead
- 5 tbsp honey
- 1 unwaxed lemon, zested and juiced
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 300ml whipping cream
- 3 egg whites
- Warm the mead and stir in the honey until it dissolves.
- Finely grate in the lemon zest and leave to cool,
- stir in the brandy and lemon juice.
- Tip into a large bowl and slowly pour in the cream, whisking furiously, until it thickens to very soft peaks.
- Taste and adjust the ingredients to taste.
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to soft peaks then fold in gently.
- Divide between glasses and chill for two to three hours, until it starts to separate.
Signup for our Newsletter