Hazy Summer Mead Poached PlumsPoached ripe plums in Hazy Summer Mead with honey, cinnamon and cloves.
- 8 plums (any stone fruit will work)
- 300ml Hazy Summer Mead
- tsp honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- Halve the plums and de-stone them carefully using a sharp knife. Set aside.
- Pour the mead into a wide-based saucepan.
- Add the cinnamon and cloves. Bring to the boil on the stove.
- Remove from the heat and arrange the plums in the pan so that they are each semi-submerged in the mead.
- Return saucepan to the stove and poach the plums over a gentle heat for 10 – 12 mins. Turn the plums halfway through cooking.
- Remove plums from poaching liquid and set aside.
- Increase the heat and boil the poaching liquid until it reduces to a lovely, spiced syrup.
Serve the plums warm, drizzled with the syrup, and with a generous dollop of whipped cream or natural yoghurt.Caroline Hayes